Monday, February 25, 2013

Where Does The Time Go?


It seems like yesterday when you were here.

The little things that you use to do creep into my thoughts.

The smile that lit up the entire room when you saw me.

The way you would always look at me when we had our little secrets.

The time we laughed until the tears washed our cheeks.

Yes it was as if it was only yesterday.

I hold the rock we found on the beach, 

I look at the book that we both read and loved.

I hear the song that was our special song.

I know that it was a wonderful time in my life.

Now you are not here with me but with someone else.

I have all those things to keep in my heart and be thankful

That I was able to experience them.

I wish you happiness and love and to you I am

Grateful.

3 comments:

Ron said...

Oh Dave, what a beautiful post!

I don't know whether this pertains to your son or brother, but I'm feeling that it's your son.

Just beautiful, my friend!

Beautiful!

X

Akelamalu said...

A beautiful way to remember a loved one. Perfect Dave. x

Shionge said...

Thank you for sharing once again :D